Thursday, June 16, 2011

Team Member Spotlight! NancysBags!

We would like to introduce you to Nancy of NancysBags and Designs Stained Glass! Take a look a this beautiful wristlet!





1. Your name, nickname and a little about who you are.

My name is Nancy . My shop is Nancy’s Bags Etc.

2. Surprise us with something about you that you think will shock us!
I can't think of anything that would be shocking. I am always busy with my crafts, glass art, sewing, gardening, my job, my kids - I am never bored and I love to keep busy. You would never catch me sitting down watching TV in the middle of the day. I cannot sit still - must be doing something at all times. Nothing shocking - just busy!

3. What is your main craft/art/collectible?

My main craft is sewing. I have been sewing since I was a little girl. I used to watch my sister and my Mom sew and learned a lot from them. I was making my own clothes at age 10 and have been sewing since.

4. How did you start with Etsy?

My daughter suggested I look in to Etsy. I have been selling my purses at local gift and consignment shops, and at craft shows. I joined Etsy October 2009.

5. Any secrets to share for success? or What tool do you use to track your success?

I am very new to Etsy therefore I really can’t offer any secrets - yet. I have been following a lot of advice I have received from others. I joined Facebook and Twitter. I am active in a lot of forums trying to get myself noticed. I have met many helpful and friendly people along the way.

6. Hobbies or pastime when you are not doing Etsy.


When I am not in my sewing room you can find me in my glass studio. I have another shop on Etsy making stained glass items. I also enjoy quilting, other needle crafts, knitting, gardening, cooking and reading. One of my favorite things - is when our children come to visit us - my family is very important to me. I love just hanging out with my family.

7. Where would your dream vacation be? and why

I don’t think I have a dream vacation place. We do love to go to Maine. We spent many summers there when our kids were little. I am happy being with my husband, our kids, and our families - any where we go would be a great time. I don’t fly so that does limit our places to go. For many years we would drive to Florida for our summer vacation. The drive in itself was a great experience. We recently built a beautiful new home, our dream house. Being at home with friends and family is just as good as a vacation. I’m a homebody and now that we have our new home - why would I want to leave? We do plan on taking road trips in the future but for now we are content being right here at home.

8. What do you hope to contribute and gain from Hearts and Hands United?

It is a wonderful supportive group. They have been very helpful with feedback for my shops. There is always someone there to turn to if I have a question. I hope in return I will be able to help others and help to promote their shops. I am very thankful for their friendship.



9. Where can we find you?

My shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/NancysBagsEtc
http://www.etsy.com/shop/DesignsStainedGlass
Twitter: http://twitter.com/NancysBagsEtc

10. Where do you draw your inspiration from? Your strength?

I get my inspiration from my family, and my friends.

1 comment:

Aloha Letterpress said...

It's great to learn more about Nancy and her background!