1. Your name, nickname and a little about who you are.
My name is Lynn Lefler (Lynnie to a chosen few). I am a California girl, born and raised. A passionate animal lover (especially dogs), somewhat of a loner (I hate participating in team sports), fairly quiet, but have a wicked sense of humor.
2. Surprise us with something about you that you think will shock us!
I've turned down a number of opportunities to be an extra in feature films and television shows.
3. What is your main craft/art/collectible?
Jewelry (mostly silver), which I hand hammer using ancient metalworking techniques called repousse and chasing. I also have a large collection of vintage jewelry and buttons I would like to sell, so I opened a second shop called Nouveaux Retro.
4. How did you start with Etsy?
I saw an article about Etsy in an art jewelry magazine.
5. Any secrets to share for success? or What tool do you use to track your success?
No secrets - just do what you love. Follow your passion.
6. Hobbies or pastime when you are not doing Etsy.
I love to collect things; it's rather like a treasure hunt for me. I've collected shells (the nice specimen type you see in museums), glass dogs, miniature sculptures, antique jewelry, and my latest, old buttons. I also like reading and gardening.
7. Where would your dream vacation be? and why?
I'd love to go back to the U.K. and travel around the Cotswolds, then go to Scotland, especially Edinburgh. I've seen photos and the countryside looks beautiful. There's also so much history to be found in every corner. I love old houses and churches, and can spend hours in museums.
8. What do you hope to contribute and gain from Hearts and Hands United?
Friendship and support. The creative life can be a lonely one. It's so nice to be able to share your triumphs and your pain with people who are going through similar things.
9. Where can we find you?
Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/
10. Where do you draw your inspiration from? Your strength?
I draw my inspiration from the other artists in my family, from my husband, Doug, and from all of the jewelry makers who came before me.
11. Free writing anything you want to say.
Thanks to all the members of HHU for making me one of their own. Being a loner isn't all that much fun.