1. Your name, nickname and a little about who you are
My name is Jeanie, Jeanie Bean is a nickname from my childhood along with a few others I won’t mention! I’m a teacher, a married mother of 2 girls. I live in the suburbs in a beautiful area that is slowly being developed. There’s still plenty of conservation areas, bike paths and wooded areas to explore but we’re close enough to Chicago to visit.
2. Surprise us with something about you that you think will shock us!
I can still do a cartwheel!
3. What is your main craft/art/collectible?
I am an avid knitter. I learned the basics in high school and taught myself to knit the things I love – sweaters, mittens, hats and handbags. I’m still learning new techniques and shortcuts. I love a new challenge!
4. How did you start with Etsy?
I was knitting for myself and friends. I continued to create more and more items and then tried a few arts and craft shows. I also sold some of my handbags in a local store. A store owner suggested I try Etsy. I began shopping on Etsy and I was hooked!
5. Any secrets to share for success? or What tool do you use to track your success?
I was invited to join this wonderful team of fellow Etsians who provide so much support and information. I read quite a bit of information in the forums and I’m continuing to learn more about marketing. I’m addicted to Craftopolis! I’m still learning to decipher all the information available on Google Analytics.
6. Hobbies or pastime when you are not doing Etsy.
I like to read, visit with friends, cook, and travel.
7. Where would your dream vacation be? and why
I love warm beaches and exotic places– Tahiti or Thailand would be so interesting. I also love Europe and would love to explore countries I’ve already visited – England, Ireland, Germany, France, Luxembourg. There’s never enough time to see it all!
8. What do you hope to contribute and gain from Hearts and Hands United?
I’ve gained some new friends and so much support and validation for my craft. I hope to learn more and help all my new friends earn even more success.
9. Where can we find you
10. Where do you draw your inspiration from? Your strength?
I love fashion. I love the colors and textures naturally found in this beautiful world of ours. I enjoy making people happy.