This week, we would like to shine the spotlight on Rebecca of RitzeeRebel. How to describe her shop? Fun and funky comes to mind! Take a look and see for yourself.
1. Tell us your name, your nickname, and a little bit about who you are. My name is Rebecca, I don't really have a nickname anymore, but my dad used to call me Babydoll when I was little. I'm a 24 year old recent college grad and I love to be crafty while looking for a job to put my degree to good use!
2. Surprise us with something about you that you think will shock us! Hmm...questions like these always stump me because I'm pretty straightforward. But if I had to pick something, it's that I'm distantly related to The Great Gatsby writer, and the writer of the Star Spangled Banner, !
3. What is your main craft/art/collectible? I have two now. I used to mainly make felt pins, coin cases and gadget cases, but have since added resin jewelry to my shop.
4. How did you start with Etsy? I bought some cute felt pins from another site a few years ago and saw how simple they were to make; my mom taught me how to sew when I was young, so I decided to give it a go myself! Additionally, I belong to a forum about purses, and some of my friends on there had links to their Etsy shops in their signature. I visited just to browse items and loved the selection of fun things there so I knew just where to go to try to sell my new creations!
5. Any secrets to share for success? What tool do you use to track your success? I don't know that I'm very successful yet. I've been on Etsy for nearly two years but took most of last year off, not adding any new items to my shop or creating anything. This year, I really tried to make Etsy a regular thing. As for what tool I use, I really love , it's so helpful for finding out where my new buyers are coming from.
6. Hobbies or pastime when you are not doing Etsy. I love shopping, browsing craft stores, going to the movies, reading and going to bookstores (one reason why I will never own an electronic reading device!). I also enjoy being with friends and family, just sitting around and catching each other up on what's going on in our lives.
7. Where would your dream vacation be? and why? I have lots of places I'd love to visit just because I've always wanted to be a true tourist and sight-see in places I've only ever dreamed about. I'd have to do a destination hop and hit: New York (love the culture and arts scene and the fast pace of the city), (I have friends there and I can imagine that it would be a great place to relax), Santorini, Greece (it's absolutely gorgeous and the water looks so blue) and Paris (an obvious choice, I'd just love to see the ).
8. What do you hope to contribute and gain from Hearts and Hands United? I would hope to contribute knowledge and opinions where needed and be a good friend to my fellow group members! As for what I hope to gain, I feel that I already have gained what I would have wanted to: good friends who have helped me with my shop, given me tips and even believed in me enough to purchase items from me! I love the camaraderie in the group, I posted for the first time in the HHU team thread a few months ago and was quickly and warmly welcomed by the regulars, who are now my friends. I truly appreciated that and HHU was the first Etsy team I joined!
9. Where can we find you?
Blog Address: http://ritzeerebel.blogspot.com
10. Where do you draw your inspiration from? Your strength? I draw my inspiration from everyday items and I create items that I would be proud to wear myself (and I do!) My items are things that I was looking for or wanted to buy at one point or another and couldn't find anywhere. My strength to keep creating has been a result of some things in my life that happened all at once earlier this year and were pretty depressing. Because of that, I threw myself into creating and I feel that I've made some of my best pieces as a result!