This week we are very happy to introduce you to yet another of our wonderful team members, Anika of Anikasart! She uses her wonderful imagination to make some amazing fantasy creatures (like the one below) and beautiful jewelry.
1. Tell us your name, nickname and a little about who you are.
My name is Anika. I am working as an Architectural CAD Technician when I do not craft. I am in my thirties. I am married and don't have children yet.
2. Surprise us with something about you that you think will shock us!
I have been a volunteer firefighter.
3. What is your main craft or art?
Gourds, paintings and jewelry are my main focus in my art.
4. How did you start with Etsy?
A friend of mine ,who is a gourd artist, told me about Etsy and encouraged me to open a shop.
5. Any secrets to share for success?
I keep on going even when sales are not at their peak. I craft what I enjoy doing and always try to be open for suggestions.
6. Hobbies or pastime when you are not doing Etsy.
I love horses and horseback riding when I am not crafting or painting.
7. Where would your dream vacation be?
My dream vacation would be to travel America from coast to coast to see more of this beautiful country.
8. What do you hope to contribute and gain from Hearts and Hands United?
I hope to be able to be there for others and to have great friendships in Hearts and Hands United.
9. Where can we find you?
Your shop address: www.anikasart.etsy.com
10. Where do you draw your inspiration from? Your strength?
My inspiration comes from nature, friends and family, movies and books.
11. Free writing anything you want to say
I feel truly blessed finding such a wonderful group of people! Thanks for being there and making Hearts and Hands United what it is.