Thursday, January 27, 2011

Team Spotlight! Seven Oak Farm!

This week we would like to introduce you to Nancy from Seven Oak Farm! Take a look at these beautiful luminaries from her shop (oh yeah, she can also make you an awesome banner for your shop)!

1. Your name, nickname and a little about who you are

Hello! I am Nancy, just a farm girl now living in a small town but still love the farm life. I have several nicknames but Bossy Boots is used the most. Not sure why though! Just kidding, I am my Mother!

2. Surprise us with something about you that you think will shock us!

My life is not very shocking! I once played piano and sang with a Gospel group that traveled Ohio, WV, VA, KY and Indiana.

3. What is your main craft/art/collectible?

I have struggled to find my niche. The problem is that I love so many things. I have settled in my desire to design unique items that are woodsy, nature themed, rustic with a Farmhouse feel. Luminaries and branch coasters have settled into what I will be designing.

4. How did you start with Etsy?

I started with Etsy selling vintage, prim dolls and comics. I then added a graphics shop then a soap shop. I was looking for a place to have my own store without all the hoopla of my own website and found Etsy. I will be phasing out my vintage shop soon to work on my other two shops more.

5. Any secrets to share for success? or What tool do you use to track your success?

I haven’t reached a point that I feel I have been successful. Always learning and always improving.

6. Hobbies or pastime when you are not doing Etsy.

I love doing graphic designs, it really is mind soothing to me. Spending time with my parents, Mike, friends and family.

7. Where would your dream vacation be? and why?

Springtime in Vermont or Upstate NY because it is sooooooo beautiful there

8. What do you hope to contribute and gain from Hearts and HandsUnited?

Hopefully I will contribute ideas and offer friendship.

9.Your shop address

www.sevenoakfarm.etsy.com

www.thebannerloft.etsy.com

Facebook address

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=666411154

Twitter

@sevenoakfarm

10. Where do you draw your inspiration from? Your strength?

Nature is so inspiring to me and history of things past. When I see an acorn my thought is what can I do to keep this going. I believe something can be made from anything with imagination.

11. Free writing anything you want to say

One of the best decisions was joining HHU. I was here almost from the beginning. I have learned so much and come to know some pretty terrific people.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice interview with Nancy..She has beautiful shops and is a friend to all! She's from my neck of the woods a genuine Ohio woman..xox love you Nancy Trudy