Monday, July 2, 2012

Garden Harvest Recipes

It's just about time for those backyard gardens to start delivering their wonderful fresh produce.  I thought we might enjoy some great recipe ideas to use all those fresh veggies.

This yummy recipe comes from Nancy of NancyEllenStudios and DesignsStainedGlass.

Roasted Radishes and Cauliflower
Last night I picked a huge amount of radishes from our garden. I can only eat so many radishes tossed into a garden salad, so tonight I am roasting them. Here is how I did it:

1 bunch of radishes, I used about 20 to 25 big radishes
1 head of cauliflower
¼ cup of olive oil
A couple pinches of kosher salt
A dash of thyme leaves
Preheat oven to 400
Spray bottom of roasting pan with Pam or other cooking spray
Cut up radishes in half or fourths if they are really large.
Toss them in a bowl with half of the olive oil and a pinch of salt. Place them in one end of your roasting pan.
Cut up cauliflower into florets. Toss them in a bowl with remaining olive oil and another pinch of salt. Place them in the other end of roasting pan. Sprinkle thyme over all the veggies.
I left them separated in case the red from the radishes blended into the cauliflower. You can toss them all together if you wish.
Roast for 35 minutes, mixing them around about half way through cooking time.


The radishes have a very mild flavor to them. Our radishes from our garden are very hot this year. By roasting them it takes some of the spicy flavor out. Together with the cauliflower they made a great combination.
I served the veggies with  stuffed pork chops.

From Robin's kitchen (and Nancy's) to yours, enjoy!


1 comment:

FabricGreetings said...

This looks really tasty. Will have to get myself some radishes and give it a whirl. Thanks, Nancy.