I love my stainless steel refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher. I do not
like cleaning them. No matter what I use I end up with streaks. I have
tried many expensive cleaning products, but I end up with the same
results – streaks.
I have finally found a great way to clean them without going out and buying another product.
Here’s what you need:
2 soft cleaning cloths, I used microfiber cloths
Small amount of dishwashing detergent
Small amount of olive oil or vegetable oil
1. You will need to clean your appliance first. Using one of your soft
cloths and dish detergent, wet your cloth, apply a small amount of
detergent and rub your appliance. Always wipe in the direction of the
2. Rinse your cloth out well, and wipe down the appliance, making sure you get rid of all the soap.
3. Take your other dry cloth and wipe off all the water.
4. Now take a few paper towels and apply a small amount of oil to the
towels. You only need about the size of a quarter. Again, rubbing in the
direction of the grain, rub the oil into the appliance.
5. Now take your soft dry cloth again and give the whole thing a good
buffing. This takes a little bit of muscle, but it is worth the work. I
found it best to use your palm flat against the towel and the appliance,
and try to apply even pressure throughout this process.
6. Stand back and look at how shiny and streak free it is. This shine
lasts for quite a while and the oil seems to repel some of those finger
prints and streaks. I usually buff it again the following week – no need
to do the whole cleaning procedure. Depending on how many little
fingers you have in your house will depend on how often you need to
clean it this way.
This works for all stainless steel appliances.
Happy cleaning :)